Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore parameter value if its all selected for URL filtering on report server

Hi

I have 5 parameters set up as multivalue and default value is set to available values so that when the report is rendered (Selected All) is seleted. On powerbi I have action button that has a dynamic dax for URL and parameter value :

http://reports:8080/PowerBIReports/report/Private%20Wealth/Customer%20Restraint?Region=ABC&Channel=FX123&rs:Command=Render

The above works but if my dax selected value for channel is (blank) in other words nothing selected I dont want it to change the value passed to the power bi paginated report  to " " because the report wont render

How can I dynamically manage this without changing from multivalue option?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I would have thought that if you want the default value for Channel that you should remove the "Channel=" parameter from your url entirely. Have you tried that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Yes it works that way however I wanted to have a scenario where the dax would be dynamic to accomodate joining URL strings to either IF and Swtich. "&Channel=" so this syntax could be included if channel dax selected value = true then exclude or include. Unless there is a better way?  But I struggle with concatenating multiple scenarios and it doesnt seem to work correctly for 5 parameters

It's hard to say what is going wrong without being able to see your DAX code, but I can't think of any reason why the number of parameters would matter. I think you would just need to have a series of 5 IF blocks to dynamically build up the link. 

If you could post your DAX expression and explain any errors or scenarios where it is not working we can probably help fix it.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I'm not fully getting this but I don't understand why you can't just have defaults if nothing is selected. See this example:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/The-Most-Amazing-Mind-Blowing-Dynamic-Slicer...

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.