Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DataVitalizer
Super User
Super User

Compatibility between PBID and PBID Server

Hi Community,

I am asked to publish my reports to Power BI Server after I used to use Power BI Service so I installed the optimized version which is PBID Server but I could not open my reports

1- Is there any solution to open on PBID Server the reports I previously created on PBID 

2- Would I loose something if I move to Power BI Server

@Greg_Deckler , @d_gosbell 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@DataVitalizer wrote:

1- Is there any solution to open on PBID Server the reports I previously created on PBID 

No, if you built your reports in a newer version of desktop you cannot open them in an older release. You pretty much have to re-build them.

@DataVitalizer wrote:

It depends how old the version of Report Server is that you are targeting. There are a few modelling features like many-to-many relationships and aggregations which are not currently supported in Report Server. And there are possibly a few newer visuals or features in visuals which may not be available. Report Server also does not support any features that are in preview status.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@DataVitalizer wrote:

No, if you built your reports in a newer version of desktop you cannot open them in an older release. You pretty much have to re-build them.

@DataVitalizer wrote:

It depends how old the version of Report Server is that you are targeting. There are a few modelling features like many-to-many relationships and aggregations which are not currently supported in Report Server. And there are possibly a few newer visuals or features in visuals which may not be available. Report Server also does not support any features that are in preview status.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.