Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sai_nandhan_r
Regular Visitor

Azure DataBricks to Power BI connectivity

Hi team,

I am facing this error when i am trying to import data from Azure DataBricks to Power BI. The cluster is active only not terminated while trying to import. I am using UserName and Password as Credentials.

It is throwing the following error

"ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ThriftExtension] (14) Unexpected response from server during a HTTP connection: SSL_connect: certificate verify failed."

Any update or resolution provided is highly appreciated. Unable to fix the issue from 1 month. Kindly help in fixing it

Thank you in advance

PFAScreenshot (2).png

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sai_nandhan_r ,

It is possible that the token is expired and the authentication failed. Delete the current credential information and reconfigure it as follows. Then test if it connects properly.

vhenrykmstf_1-1661760810700.png

vhenrykmstf_0-1661760769136.png

Fore more details, you can read below document:

Connect to Power BI - Azure Databricks | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi henry,

First of all thanks to your reply. But even though following all the steps I am still facing the same error as mentioned earlier. I went through so many docs in google and made the necessary changes but still unable to fix it.  For your clear understanding i pasted the error here.

"ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ThriftExtension] (14) Unexpected response from server during a HTTP connection: SSL_connect: certificate verify failed."

Steps i am following:

1. Using Databricks community edition we created a cluster and added data to the same.

2. Installed Power Bi latest version

3.get data>azure databricks>host name>server name>connect

4.Using UserName and Password i am trying to connect, as it is a community edition we are not having access to generate tokens

5. After giving credentials and clicking OK we are getting the above error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.