Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

percentage below above and below grand total

Hello Friends

I am stuck with a problem statement where I need to find percentage in row instead of column just above grand total row (should be month percentage) and below grand total row (total percentage) . Below is the output attached . Please help

Count1Count2Total
March202040
April202343
May303060
June441256
June Percentage78.5714321.42857100
Total11485199
Total Perentage57.2864342.71357100

7 REPLIES 7
jbwtp
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous,

you can calculate the %s in the separate (referring) table and then join it to the orignal one. Something like this:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45W8k0sUtJRMjKAESYGSrE60UqOBQhhY5CwMVjYN7ESyDE2gBFmENVepXkgNSZAwtAISJiagYVD8ksSc0BihiAZC1MQ09JSKTYWAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Month = _t, Count1 = _t, Count2 = _t, Total = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Month", type text}, {"Count1", type number}, {"Count2",  type number}, {"Total",  type number}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Changed Type", "Index", 0, 1, Int64.Type), 
    Build = Table.FromRecords(List.Accumulate(Table.ToRecords(#"Added Index"), {}, (a,n)=> a & {Record.TransformFields(n, {{"Count1", (x) => x / Record.Field(n, "Total")}, {"Count2", (x) => x / Record.Field(n, "Total")}, {"Total", (x) => x / Record.Field(n, "Total")}})}), Value.Type(#"Added Index")),
    #"Added to Column" = Table.TransformColumns(Build, {{"Index", each _ + 0.5, type number}}),
    #"Appended Query" = Table.Combine({#"Added to Column", #"Added Index"}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Appended Query",{{"Index", Order.Ascending}})
in
    #"Sorted Rows"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

These count columns are already calculated in a custom power bi table (used matrix) and I have many columns like this count1,count2 on different conditions so unable to understand how can i use them in another query, which is not working

Hi @Anonymous,

Then this is not clear what do you want to achieve. The code above reproduces the screenshot in your original post. What is your desired output?

Thnaks,

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @jbwtp 

This is something I have achevied within a matrix :

MonthCount1Count2Total
March202040
April202343
May303060
June441256
Total11485199

On top of this I want to achieve this , in same matrix where percentage for month and total needs to be added in below rows.

MonthCount1Count2Total
March202040
April202343
May303060
June441256
June Percentage78.5714321.42857100
Total11485199
Total Perentage57.2864342.71357100

Thanks @Anonymous,

Could you please help me to understand, how the screenshot above is different to the output of the code in my earlier message? Do the persantages need to be multiplied by 100?

jbwtp_1-1659054193323.png

Thanks,

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello John

Thanks for your time on this. 

ASK: How can I use your code if first screenshot (provided by me) is itself an output with the help of DAX query (Matrix Table) to achieve second screenshot output.

Ask2: If I would be able to use the code and can get the output similar to the output you provided in screenshot then how will be able to show values only for  LastMonth and Total.

I hope I am not confusing.

Thanks

Vipin

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. Maybe something like this?

Table 2 = Union(Groupby(TOPN(2, 'Table', [Index], DESC), [Month], "Count1", SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(), [Count1]/[Total]*100), "Count2", SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(), [Count2]/[Total]*100), "Total", Sumx(CURRENTGROUP(), 100), "Index",Sumx(CURRENTGROUP(), [Index]+.5)),'Table')

Assuming that the Table is the original table from your post.

2. This can be done as:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45W8k0sUtJRMjKAESYGSrE60UqOBQhhY5CwMVjYN7ESyDE2gBFmENVepXkgNSZAwtAISJiagYVD8ksSc0BihiAZC1MQ09JSKTYWAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Month = _t, Count1 = _t, Count2 = _t, Total = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Month", type text}, {"Count1", type number}, {"Count2",  type number}, {"Total",  type number}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Changed Type", "Index", 0, 1, Int64.Type), 
    Build = Table.FromRecords(List.Accumulate(List.LastN(Table.ToRecords(#"Added Index"),2), {}, (a,n)=> a & {Record.TransformFields(n, {{"Count1", (x) => x / Record.Field(n, "Total")}, {"Count2", (x) => x / Record.Field(n, "Total")}, {"Total", (x) => x / Record.Field(n, "Total")}})}), Value.Type(#"Added Index")),
    #"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(Build," ","  ",(x, y, z)=> x & "_",{"Month"}),
    #"Added to Column" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Replaced Value", {{"Index", each _ + 0.5, type number}}),
    #"Appended Query" = Table.Combine({#"Added to Column", #"Added Index"}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Appended Query",{{"Index", Order.Ascending}}),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Sorted Rows",{{"Month", type text}})
in
    #"Changed Type1"

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors