Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lyaa
Regular Visitor

need help please - updating existing report

*new PBI user* **extremely basic knowledge**

Hi there - I am trying to update a exisiting pbi report. It contains all old numbers and the new excel file has the updated numbers.

There are a lot of visuals in the exisiting dashboard and I don't want to go through the hassle of creating and implementing them as well. 
I want to know whats the best way to go about this? should I overwrite the old file with the new file using the same name. only concern is i dont want the old query to get deleted because then I wont know what steps were taken to edit the query.

I basically need to have the same visuals just update the raw numbers so that the dashboard can be looked at by others. thank you.

1 REPLY 1
KT_Bsmart2gethe
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @lyaa ,

There are many way people structure their queries and visuals. It is quite a challenge to advise you at such a high level.

If the new source file has the same format and structure to the existing one, and all you need is to re-pointing the filepath to the new one.

Power BI Desktop - Change source data setting:

Home > Transform Data > Change Source Settings

Regards

KT

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors