Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how can i extract data automaticaly

hi everyone :

I have a lot of table to extract every every from power bi and I'd like to know if it's possible to use a python script or power querry to download the table automaticaly

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

You said that you want to download table, did you mean that you want to get dataset? As I know , power query is used to transform data instead of download data. If you want to get dataset data, you could try to open "edit queries" to copy table , or you could click corresponding visual to "Export data". This can't be automatic.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You may try to be more specific. We can probably help you more if you describe more like this post mention:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

In order to keep your scrapped or onpremise data up to date  you need a Gateway. You can read more about it here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem

If you use python you must install it on personal mode. If you just use Power Query with the regular recommended way you are ok.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors