Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

caborstnik

Update multiple strings in transformation

Good morning. I'm trying to replace multile string values in transformation. I can get  them to work separately but not togther:

= Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type", each [Summary],  each  if Text.Contains( _[Summary], "Please") then "Other" else [Summary] ,Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Summary"})

and 

= Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type", each [Summary],  each  if Text.Contains( _[Summary], "Other -") then "Other" else [Summary] ,Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Summary"})

Is there a way to combine these statements? If I only have one in the statement it works, but when I have both as separate Replaced Value statements then neither works. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Each step is referring to the same original table ("Changed Type"). Is that what you want?

They don't know about each other.  If you want them to act consecutively, you'll have to change the 2nd step to refer to the first step

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Each step is referring to the same original table ("Changed Type"). Is that what you want?

They don't know about each other.  If you want them to act consecutively, you'll have to change the 2nd step to refer to the first step

That worked - thanks so much! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors