Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Raf_Draulans

The query does not import all rows

I try to import a rather large file (50mb) into power query. It is a sort of .xml file (when I open it in XML.spy it gives me an eror but I can see the structure and when I open it in excel it opens as an .XML table) and when I try to import it not all rows are imported, when I open it in Excel all the rows will show. I've read somewhere that there is a problem with .xml files but I don't understand the exlanation to solve it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raf_Draulans ,

The solution provided in the documentation is to set option InferSheetDimensions to "true".

Add option InferSheetDimensions in the Advanced editor of Power Query Editor, like this:

Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\MyExcelFile.xlsx"), [DelayTypes = true, InferSheetDimensions = true])

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raf_Draulans ,

The solution provided in the documentation is to set option InferSheetDimensions to "true".

Add option InferSheetDimensions in the Advanced editor of Power Query Editor, like this:

Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\MyExcelFile.xlsx"), [DelayTypes = true, InferSheetDimensions = true])

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It didn't work for me, I got this instead: Expression.Error: The Excel.Workbook parameter 'InferSheetDimensions' is only supported for Open XML Excel files (such as .xlsx), not for legacy Excel files (such as .xls).

The source file is an .xlsb file, I can't change that. 
The problem is the structured table inside, it does not show all the rows inside the structured table. I checked if the table covers the additional rows from the source, and it does. 

Amazing answer. First post I have read that gave me a solution to missing data in PQ. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors