Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChiRomeu
Helper I
Helper I

SQL server conextion problem <> SSL error

Dear members,

I have a following problem:

I want to connect a SQL server and it appears the following error message.

could you please kindly help to solve this problem?

Best regards

ChiRomeu_0-1705407202333.png

ChiRomeu_1-1705407296712.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ChiRomeu
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

The problem was solved on the edit permision of data sources configuration in power query.

Best regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChiRomeu
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

The problem was solved on the edit permision of data sources configuration in power query.

Best regards

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChiRomeu ,

The error means "The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted". 
Ensure that the SSL certificate is properly installed on the SQL Server. Ensure that the entire certificate chain is available on the server, including the intermediate and root certificates. If the certificate is issued by a private or internal CA, it may be necessary to import the CA's root certificate into the Trusted Root Certificate Authority store on the client.
As a temporary workaround for development purposes, it is possible to bypass SSL certificate validation. However, this is not secure and should not be used in a production environment.
If the certificate is self-signed or from an untrusted CA, and you cannot trust the CA on the client, consider replacing the certificate with one from a widely trusted CA.

I thought this document might be helpful:
Error message when you connect to SQL Server - SQL Server | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

how can i check it please?

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors