Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query in Relative Path

I have the following query that returns the information following it. The area of the source URL noted by the blue is the device that I'm pulling the data from. What I want to do is replace the section in blue with a list of other devices. Upon some suggestions here and some other poking around I came up with the third picture...

MJuric_0-1704484315184.png

MJuric_1-1704484333265.png

New Attempt

In this case I added a relative path with an added query. My first attempt was to just added a different device.

MJuric_2-1704484684603.png

This however is giving me the following error.

MJuric_3-1704484786866.png

I'm assuming that something I'm doing is causing a syntax issue but I'm not sure what.

My next step is to replace the single device with the actual query that returns the list of other devices. which is...

MJuric_4-1704485005559.png

And returns

MJuric_5-1704485026999.png

Any help or ideas or maybe a better method to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Do your process the other way round.  Have a list of devices, call the API for each, process the results into a table format and return them as a custom column.  Then expand that column across all devices.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Do your process the other way round.  Have a list of devices, call the API for each,"

Please forgive my ignorance as I'm fairly new to Power Query. I'm not sure how what you are saying to do is different then what I'm attempting to do.

I have the list, I want to call the API for each item on the list.

The item in Blue in teh first picture is just a single item off that list. I'm testing that single item before I attempt to do the entire list. I'm getting an error on the single item. Are you saying that if I use the list rather than a single item I won't get the error?

Or, are you saying make seperate calls for each device, not using relative path or the list and then combine? I had thought about doing that but seems like that is "Brute force'ish" and would be impossible to do for a long list.

Thank You

Yes, make separate calls for each device. You still need to use RelativePath if you want this to refresh on the service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, That was going to be my next thing to try but was hoping there was a way to have it pull from the list itself rather than seperate calls.

I will play around with it and see what I can do.

Thank you for you help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors