Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SanketSk
Regular Visitor

Query about Power Query returning data based on user input date range

Dear Power Query Experts,

I am writing to ask for your assistance with a power query. I have a large dataset stored on SharePoint in different excel files on a quarterly basis. I use Excel power query to compile this data for analysis and discussion with my team. However, I do not need to load the complete data every time, as I only work with a specific date range.

Is there a way to connect all the files on the backend and have power query return data based on user input (from date and to date)? This would save me time and resources, as I would not have to create new queries every time.

I appreciate your help and guidance on this. If you have any YouTube video series or other resources that address this query, please share them with me.

Thank you for your time and expertise.

Thanks,

Sanket

1 REPLY 1
ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Please see this video for how to set up incremental refresh with Excel files stored on SharePoint. You could use this directly or adapt it so that you just update the RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters manually to get your desired date range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVMdg16yBKE

Pat

Microsoft Employee

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors