Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ChrisD

Power BI reporting and SharePoint Online sites

Hi

I have a SharePoint Online site collection which has hundreds of sites.

What I want to do is publish Power BI reports / dashboards to each of the sites (each report / dashboard will contain data specific to each site).

I've done some work in creating dashboards / reports using Power BI desktop and Power BI, set up the gateway etc.

Is there a best approach to setting this up in terms of integration? The O365 tenancy isn't on first release so I can't use the Web Part to integrate them into SPO. I don't want to use Power BI embedded as the business model isn't what I'm looking for so is using the REST APIs the only option for integration?

How would I identify and direct reporting / dashboard data specific to each site from Power BI to SPO? Can anyone point me to any similar examples / scenarios?

Thanks 

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChrisD,

In your scenario, you can also use DevScope to embed dashboard tiles.

But in my opinion, Embed with report web part in SharePoint Online should be the best option. I would suggest you contact your Office 365 admin to enable this feature.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun thanks we are using the classic view in SharePoint online and not the modern view which is required for the Web Part.

In relation to viewing the data in SharePoint Online I'm not clear how i should use Power BI to create the reports specific to each site. There are hundreds of sites in SPO. In Power BI there will be datasets that contain data for all of these sites so I need to target the report / dashboard to each site.

Rather than create hundreds of report / dashboards in Power BI is there an alternative way to do this?

Regards

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors