Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Snickren

Monthly report query

Hello, 

I'm creating a power query for a co-worker. They run a report every month and complete same the tasks to that document each time. I have the query working how I need it with the current source. How do I get it to work the same way with the next month's data?  I've tried copying the Query and pasting it into the next document but still have to change the source. Is there a better way? I would like to make easy for them and not too many steps.

4 REPLIES 4
Snickren

The report is exported into an excel document.

I was asking where the data is originally coming from, not where it eventually ends up.

yes, when I get the report it is an excel document and stays an excel... I'm not sure where they are exporting the report from.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Both Power Query and DAX have functions to sense what "today" is.  In DAX it is actually called TODAY().  You can use these functions to set the report filters, or to modify the data source queries. 

Depending on the amount of data you may also want to give them the option to look at historical data (prior months).  That means you may not even need separate files.   What is the data source for your report?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors