Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

akhaliq7
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Merging with a bridge table

Hi i have 3 tables, one is my fact table, second is the table to connect between the first and third tables. The third table i will use to get a column added to my first table by using a merge (left join). 

steps

1. first merge the third table to the second 

QUESTION 1: now my question is should i expand the column in the second table or leave it as a table object. 
2. merge the second table to the first one and expand the column.

QUESTION 2: after completing these steps I have 1 table I will be using and two that I won't be using. Should I turn off the enable load and the report refresh options for both table 2 and table 3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @akhaliq7 

Ans-1

It should not matter much. That's your call how do you want to do it. If you need to use any columns in other merge, you can expand those. 

Ans-2

I think if you'll unable those 2 tables then going forward those tables can't be seen while modelling your data and if you have any measures or columns dependent on that.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @akhaliq7 

Ans-1

It should not matter much. That's your call how do you want to do it. If you need to use any columns in other merge, you can expand those. 

Ans-2

I think if you'll unable those 2 tables then going forward those tables can't be seen while modelling your data and if you have any measures or columns dependent on that.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors