Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Einomi
Resolver II
Resolver II

Merge Two Records (Rows)

Hello Everyone,

I have a large dataset where I notice that I have few product codes that are duplicated because they do not have the same department.

For example, I have 1999 twice because they do no have the same department

CodeNameDept
1999Apple Kugelkugels
1999Apple Kugelkugel

for some reasons sometimes I have the quantity on the first 1999 sometimes on the second one

I would like to merge these two records, not to sum them

Out of 80 product codes, I have 4 duplicates (for the same reason, the dept is not the same)

Merge Two Records.png

Thanks for your help, I hope I was clear enough

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Einomi
Resolver II
Resolver II

@BIHelper thanks for your time, this solution seems a bit complicated for me. Instead, I have made efforts to correct the source and remove all duplicates by replacing the values. Thanks for your time

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Einomi
Resolver II
Resolver II

@BIHelper thanks for your time, this solution seems a bit complicated for me. Instead, I have made efforts to correct the source and remove all duplicates by replacing the values. Thanks for your time

BIHelper
Frequent Visitor

@Einomi -You need to do group by on the basis of  DNDCode in which you need to do sum aggregation for ProductName and Department and all rows for remaining Columns.
then you need to create custome columns for all columns except ProductName and Department which will convert it into list and then you have to extract the values from that column
OR
Try this code,
#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type1", {"DND Code"}, {{"ProductName", each Text.Combine([ProductName],", "), type nullable text}, {"Department", each Text.Combine([Department],", "), type nullable text}, {"45", each _, type table [DND Code=nullable number, ProductName=nullable text, Department=nullable text, 45=nullable number, 44=nullable number, 43=nullable number, 42=nullable number, 41=nullable number, 40=nullable number]}, {"44", each _, type table [DND Code=nullable number, ProductName=nullable text, Department=nullable text, 45=nullable number, 44=nullable number, 43=nullable number, 42=nullable number, 41=nullable number, 40=nullable number]}, {"43", each _, type table [DND Code=nullable number, ProductName=nullable text, Department=nullable text, 45=nullable number, 44=nullable number, 43=nullable number, 42=nullable number, 41=nullable number, 40=nullable number]}, {"42", each _, type table [DND Code=nullable number, ProductName=nullable text, Department=nullable text, 45=nullable number, 44=nullable number, 43=nullable number, 42=nullable number, 41=nullable number, 40=nullable number]}, {"41", each _, type table [DND Code=nullable number, ProductName=nullable text, Department=nullable text, 45=nullable number, 44=nullable number, 43=nullable number, 42=nullable number, 41=nullable number, 40=nullable number]}, {"40", each Table.RowCount(_), Int64.Type}}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "Custom", each Table.Column([45],"45")),
#"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom", "Custom.1", each Table.Column([44],"44")),
#"Added Custom2" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom1", "Custom.2", each Table.Column([43],"43")),
#"Added Custom3" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom2", "Custom.3", each Table.Column([42],"42")),
#"Added Custom4" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom3", "Custom.4", each Table.Column([41],"41")),
#"Extracted Values" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Added Custom4", {"Custom", each Text.Combine(List.Transform(_, Text.From), ","), type text}),
#"Extracted Values1" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Extracted Values", {"Custom.1", each Text.Combine(List.Transform(_, Text.From), ","), type text}),
#"Extracted Values2" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Extracted Values1", {"Custom.2", each Text.Combine(List.Transform(_, Text.From), ","), type text}),
#"Extracted Values3" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Extracted Values2", {"Custom.3", each Text.Combine(List.Transform(_, Text.From), ","), type text}),
#"Extracted Values4" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Extracted Values3", {"Custom.4", each Text.Combine(List.Transform(_, Text.From), ","), type text}),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Extracted Values4",{"45", "44", "43", "42", "41"})
in
#"Removed Columns"
Then You will be able to see this result

BIHelper_0-1668513353098.png

Mark this as a soluntion if it solved your problem.

Thank You!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors