Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Irache
Helper II
Helper II

I don't want week 53

Hello,

I have this M code : "Text.From(Date.Year([#"Date livr."])) & Text.PadStart(Text.From(Date.WeekOfYear([#"Date livr."], Day.Sunday)), 2, "0")"

"This formula returns a week format like '202345'. The issue is that I don't want this function to incorrectly represent week 53. I observe that it returns week 53 when the date is 31/12/2023. However, according to the calendar, it is displayed as week 52. I'm trying to understand why there is a discrepancy between the obtained result and the calendar."

7 REPLIES 7
collinsg
Super User
Super User

Good day Irache,

Could the issue be as follows? The year 2023 has 365 days which is 52 weeks and 1 day. There are therefore 53 distinct 7-day periods and a classification by week number must have 53 distinct values. Perhaps your calendar is indexing these from 0 to 52. If this is the case then a solution is to subtract 1 from the week number in your formula.

Date.WeekOfYear([#"Date livr."]) - 1

Hope this helps

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Irache 

You can add a custom column and input the following code

let a=Date.DayOfWeek([#"Date livr."],Day.Monday),
b= if Date.Month([#"Date livr."])=12 then Date.AddDays([#"Date livr."],-a) else [#"Date livr."]
in Text.From(Date.Year(b)) & Text.PadStart(Text.From(Date.WeekOfYear(b)), 2, "0")

Output

vxinruzhumsft_0-1704248837979.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-xinruzhu-msft 

I have applied your formula, but it seems to be ineffective. The week 52, which start from 25/12/2023 to 31/12/2023, is erroneously identified as week 53.

Hi @Irache 

The code can work in my sample

vxinruzhumsft_0-1704272585005.png

Can you provide the code you input?

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

I have copied the same code.

Irache_0-1704274533657.png

let a=Date.DayOfWeek([#"Date livr."],Day.Monday),
b= if Date.Month([#"Date livr."])=12 then Date.AddDays([#"Date livr."],-a) else [#"Date livr."]
in Text.From(Date.Year(b)) & Text.PadStart(Text.From(Date.WeekOfYear(b)), 2, "0")

Hi @Irache 

Or you can consider to use the weeknum() function in power bi desktop, create a calculated column and input the following code

Column 2 = YEAR([Date livr.])&WEEKNUM([Date livr.],21)

Output

vxinruzhumsft_0-1704274894122.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have already  thought about that but I need to make this with Power Query. However, I have found a solution with this code :

let a = Text.From(Date.Year([#"Date livr."])),
b = if Text.PadStart(Text.From(Date.WeekOfYear([#"Date livr."], Day.Sunday)), 2, "0") = "53" 
then "52" else Text.PadStart(Text.From(Date.WeekOfYear([#"Date livr."], Day.Sunday)), 2, "0") in a&b

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors