Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HarmVanG
Helper I
Helper I

Get Data times out on Salesforce (event) object

Dear community,

Currently I've been setting up reports for our Salesforce team but since about last month I've been running into an issue with one of the Salesforce Objects (database table). Whenever I try to get the data the operation times out on the event object. I can force it to load by hitting refresh about 3 times or more but it is interfering with schedueled refreshes in the Power BI Service.

The problem occurs both in Power BI Desktop and in Power BI Service.

Does anyone have any experience with these kind of issues. I'd love to get some help on this.

Best regards,

Harm

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HarmVanG,

From your description, it seems you used the Salesforce content pack, after a schedule refresh, report didn't show all tables values intermittently, right?

I find the same issue reported internally use Salesforce content pack: CRI 26617567. Please check if the issue persists at Feb 15th.

Regarding in desktop, did you use Salesforce Objects or Salesforce Reports data source? Please try the Power BI desktop latest version 2.43.4647.541.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

The way that I'm sharing the reports is by publishing the reports directly to group workspaces in the Power BI Service.

The way I get data in Power BI Desktop is to use the Salesforce Object connector since Reports has a row limit of 2000.

I am currently running the february updated version of Power BI Desktop.

The issue has been coming up since about last month and I only get the problem with the "event" object/table that I try to retrieve. Other tables like User, Account etc. I can refresh without problems.

After attempting to refresh several times in Power BI desktop I can see the event table being loaded however it starts with (1 row, 1 error)

So I'm suspecting that it has to do something with the data itself in the table.

with kind regards,

Harm

I  am experiencing the same.

I am trying to connect to the Salesforce Object -> Event

Power BI constantly times out while waiting for na2.salesforce.com

I have been able to access other objects without issue

I installed from PBIDesktop_x64.msi and the version string is Version: 2.44.4675.521 64-bit (March, 2017)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors