Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PatrickIsOld
Regular Visitor

Filtering on max value and 0 for multiple sets of data in one table

Just started using Power Query and need some help.  I have tried using the Group By and filtering without much luck.  For each Estimate Number I need to pull row data for Version 0 and the maximum Version associated with an Estimate Number.  If there is no Version 0 then just the maximum Version and if only Version 0 exisits then just Version 0 for that Estimate.  There is 25 columns to the right of this data that would then be analyzed.

Estimate NumberVersion

Afterwards I would want just the following listed.

Estimate NumberVersion

Note: By subset of data I was refering to the same Estimate Number being listed multiple times in the table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

NewStep= Table.Combine(Table.Group(PreviousStepName,"Estimate Number",{"n",each let a=List.Max([Version]) in Table.RemoveMatchingRows(_,{[]
},each if _=[] then true else not List.Contains({0,a},[Version]))})[n])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

NewStep= Table.Combine(Table.Group(PreviousStepName,"Estimate Number",{"n",each let a=List.Max([Version]) in Table.RemoveMatchingRows(_,{[]
},each if _=[] then true else not List.Contains({0,a},[Version]))})[n])

Thank you very much for your help.  It worked perfectly, reduced my data set from over 90k rows of data to less than 6k.  Now to spend some time to make sure I understand it better, the learning process.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors