Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Restu
Frequent Visitor

Enter a new row for IDs whose total percentage is less than 100

Hi all, 

I have a data that is kinda look like this

idMerchandisePercentage
a1Toys30
a1Cosmetics30
a1Home appliances30
a2Toys100

Basically, I want to automatically add a new row for each id that has a total percentage of less than 100 with the "Percentage" column filled with the value of difference between 100 and the total Percentage of that particular ID, and the "Merchandise" column will be automatically filled with "Other" as its value. The following table is the result that I intend to have:

idMerchandisePercentage
a1Toys30
a1Cosmetics30
a1Home appliances30
a1Others10
a2Toys100

Anybody has an idea on how to arrive with the second table? Thanks in advance.

Best,

Restu

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum all records by ID. Filter out anything not totaling to 100. Add column Merchandise and call it Other. Append the resulting table to the Source data. Sample is below:

let
Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table4"]}[Content],
#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(Source, {"id"}, {{"Percentage", each List.Sum([Percentage]), type number}}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Grouped Rows", each [Percentage] <> 100),
AddOther = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "Merchandise", each "Other"),
Combine = Table.Combine({Source , AddOther})
in
Combine

View solution in original post

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Restu,

You could try below M code

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WSjRU0lEKya8sBlLGBkqxOlAh5/zi3NSSzGR0cY/83FSFxIKCnMzEvORUZFkjhEGGBkCxWAA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [id = _t, Merchandise = _t, Percentage = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"id", type text}, {"Merchandise", type text}, {"Percentage", Int64.Type}}),

#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"id"}, {{"Percentage", each List.Sum([Percentage]), type number}}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Grouped Rows", each [Percentage] < 100),
Combine = Table.Combine({Source , AddOther}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(Combine, "Custom", each (if [Merchandise]="Other" then  100-[Percentage] else  [Percentage])),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"Custom", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Changed Type1",{"Percentage"})
in
#"Removed Columns"

460.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Restu
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much @dax and @Anonymous,

I read your messages and was inspired to:

1. Create a new table with a column that has the value of 100 - (aggregated value)
  2. Append that table to the main table

Being a non-coder myself, I relied on Power Query's excellent GUI feature, I will detail what I did in the weekend so that a fellow non-coder can be benefited.

Cheers,

Restu  

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Restu,

You could try below M code

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WSjRU0lEKya8sBlLGBkqxOlAh5/zi3NSSzGR0cY/83FSFxIKCnMzEvORUZFkjhEGGBkCxWAA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [id = _t, Merchandise = _t, Percentage = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"id", type text}, {"Merchandise", type text}, {"Percentage", Int64.Type}}),

#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"id"}, {{"Percentage", each List.Sum([Percentage]), type number}}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Grouped Rows", each [Percentage] < 100),
Combine = Table.Combine({Source , AddOther}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(Combine, "Custom", each (if [Merchandise]="Other" then  100-[Percentage] else  [Percentage])),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"Custom", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Changed Type1",{"Percentage"})
in
#"Removed Columns"

460.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum all records by ID. Filter out anything not totaling to 100. Add column Merchandise and call it Other. Append the resulting table to the Source data. Sample is below:

let
Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table4"]}[Content],
#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(Source, {"id"}, {{"Percentage", each List.Sum([Percentage]), type number}}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Grouped Rows", each [Percentage] <> 100),
Combine = Table.Combine({Source , AddOther})
in
Combine

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors