Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AndyDDUK
Regular Visitor

ETL

Hello everyone

We use a competiting product to upload data on a weekly basis and update client dashboards.

The ETL process cleans the data and appends it to a database

I've seen alot of detail on how quick and easy it is to create a Microsoft Power BI dashboard and I totally get it...

If you can share how the ETL/append data to a database using Power BI works be great to hear from you.

Many thanks

Andy

5 REPLIES 5
Kahi2018
Regular Visitor

Thanks by Advance! 🙂 waiting for your replies , all welcome 🙂

Another way is to use an R-script: https://business-insights.net/2017/08/17/export-power-bi-tables-to-sql-server-database-using-r/

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Kahi2018
Regular Visitor

Hi everyone,

Can we use TALEND as Etl tool with Power BI solution ?

Your answer will be helpful as soon as possible, I couldn't find any info/resource about it :// 

Thanks A Lot 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndyDDUK,

You can take a look at this sample, which use Power Query get data in Power BI desktop and export to SQL database use PowerBIETL: Use Power BI Desktop as an ETL Tool.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ps: I'm all new in the BI , actually am comparing diffrent BI solutions in order to choose then set one for my business (as a computer scientist) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors