Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Lixarius

Dynamic Date within source for Power BI Report Server automated refresh

Hello,

I am currently facing an issues where we can pull from API only last 4 months of data based on current month.

There is no possibility to change it within application, so I have to work somehow with dynamic dates for automated daily refresh.

However the main issue is the error:

[0] -1056505856: This report contains dynamic datasources, which cannot be refreshed in Power BI Report Server.

I've tried using a solution provided within topic below, but I've noticed that once Current Value for parameter is set, it doesn't change along with date (or it's just me doing something wrong):
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Daily-data-refresh-from-the-same-file/m-p/1610734

Here is my current query, that works for manually within Power BI Desktop but not for Report Server automated refresh (error is not showing up anymore, but date within parameter is not being refreshed):

let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("...URL..." & #"Parameter1"))
in
Source

My parameter is based on list as per mentioned previously solution from other thread:

Lixarius_2-1673609073795.png

And this is my parameter:

Lixarius_3-1673609118275.png

Can anybody provide me with solution or advise over this problem?

Any support will be highyl appreciated.

Kind regards

1 REPLY 1
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Lixarius  - you need to use the Relative Path or Query feature of Web.Contents to run the queries in the Web Service.  Please watch this video by Chris Webb/RADCAD - around 26-27 minute he explains the issue and resolve it.

Accessing API and web service data using Power Query - by Chris Webb - YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors