Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

eghusseinr
Frequent Visitor

Dataset to update SharePoint list

I am working on a Complete interactive application for Projects Management & Governance. That using impeded Powerapps "3 4 applications" connected to Sharepoint as Data source. the mentioned 3 Powerapps, also are visuals in PowerBI Dashboard which secure the in application feeding and user interaction with out going to external sites. but the thing that i need to make a feedback for the projects i.e. getting the powerapps lists to be updated once new project created on SAP Project .

1 REPLY 1
123abc
Community Champion
Community Champion

To update a SharePoint list when a new project is created in SAP Project, you can utilize various methods and integration tools, depending on your specific requirements and available resources. Here are a few approaches:

1. Power Automate (formerly known as Microsoft Flow): You can create a flow using Power Automate to automate the process of updating the SharePoint list when a new project is created in SAP Project. Power Automate supports numerous triggers and actions that can help you connect to SAP Project and SharePoint.

Here's a general outline of the steps:

• Create a flow that starts when a new project is created in SAP Project.
    • Use a connector or custom API to fetch project data from SAP Project.
    • Map the retrieved data to the corresponding columns in your SharePoint list.
    • Use the "Create item" action to add a new item to the SharePoint list with the data from SAP Project.
  2. Custom API or Middleware: You can develop a custom API or middleware that connects to SAP Project and SharePoint. This custom solution can be tailored to your specific needs and data synchronization requirements. It would act as an intermediary between SAP Project and SharePoint, ensuring data consistency and real-time updates.

This approach may require more development effort but provides complete control over the integration process.

3. SAP Integration Tools: SAP may offer integration tools or connectors for data synchronization with external systems. Check if SAP Project has built-in functionality or add-ons that can help you push new project data to SharePoint. You might need to consult with your SAP administrators or a developer familiar with SAP's ecosystem for this option.

4. Third-party Integration Platforms: Consider using third-party integration platforms like Zapier, Integromat, or Tray.io. These platforms offer pre-built connectors for many applications, including SAP and SharePoint. You can set up workflows to trigger actions in response to events in SAP Project, such as the creation of a new project.

5. Custom Development with APIs: If SAP Project and SharePoint provide APIs, you can create a custom application or script to handle data synchronization. This approach offers complete control over the integration process, but it requires programming skills.

Choose the method that best fits your technical expertise, resources, and project requirements. The Power Automate approach is user-friendly and requires minimal coding, while the custom development approach provides the most flexibility.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In case there is still a problem, please feel free and explain your issue in detail, It will be my pleasure to assist you in any way I can.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors