Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tworemi1

Change Column unique id as the Company id changes

I have a table from a company that has a unique company id. Column 6 from the from this company table has a unique column identifier. When i then change the company id to new company, column 6 reads the unique column identifier from the previous company. I want to use power query to make column 6 to automatically change the unique column identifier based on the change in unique company id.

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

The pictures that i sent summarises my problem. I want to find a way in which i can automate the process of copying the column header from the Responses table to column 19 row 3 of the Responses v2 table. The reason being the unique identifier changes automatically when the survey id changes in the Responses table but refuses to change in the Responses v2 table thus giving us an error.

Could you please provide sample of both tables (either as table or upload somewhere as an excel file and share the link with public rights with us) and also the query with issue.

Note: Check this link to learn how to use my query.
Check this link if you don't know how to provide sample data.

Guide 2.pngGuide.png

Responses v2 is in usable format. Responses needs to be unpivoted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors