Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

patrique

Automate export to google sheets

I would like to automate the process to get our visualised dashboard data exported to google sheets.
So I can use the data from our backend into our google sheets. At this moment our programmers can push data to powerbi but they dont know how to combine data and I want to visualis the backend data in combination with google sheet data, because of the powerfull functions within sheets.

5 REPLIES 5
pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @patrique ,

The easiest way to connect to Google sheet is to Get Data / From Web, then enter the URL to your google sheet, with "&output=xls" on the end, e.g.

You could refer to How to connect google sheet with power bi?  for details.
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you for your fast answer.

Well, I try to get data in googlesheets from the powerbi dashboard but i still puts out a HTML document if I import the url.

I think this solution you offered is the other way around to import data into powerbi.

While I am trying to get data into google sheets.

The solution looks like an import instead of an export of data

Hi @patrique ,
Thanks for the clarification.
To export data from powerbi you can follow this link : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data?tabs=powerbi-d...
I am not sure if you could export directly into google sheet but you export in form of excel and then load the excel file into google sheet .
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.

Yes, this works. But then its not automated and thats the whole idea ;)!

I need to automate the export

Hi @patrique ,
You can use Power Automate to do this .
You can follow this link : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-automate-power-bi-report-export

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy1BE1TJ_jc

Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors