Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jyoung_auto61
Helper I
Helper I

Append Queries as New Error

New users: I have three separate Queries that have identical columns and column names, what's in the columns varies. I tried to append them into one new query and I got this error and I don't understand why. It has to do with a new column I made in each query which identifies the query to me in the combined sheet. Any ideas? I need all three of these combined into one create my reports.

jyoung_auto61_1-1703102927113.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jyoung_auto61 

Did you use the dax to create a calculated column named 'Product Type'? After testing, if you have a same column from dax, and also have a same column from query, it will display the error message, you need to rename your calculated column with different names so that the error can be solved, you can refer to the following link.

Solved: Append queries error: Name is already used - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jyoung_auto61
Helper I
Helper I

Yes, 100% I used a DAX to create the new column. Thank you, I didn't know that would be an issue.

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jyoung_auto61 

Did you use the dax to create a calculated column named 'Product Type'? After testing, if you have a same column from dax, and also have a same column from query, it will display the error message, you need to rename your calculated column with different names so that the error can be solved, you can refer to the following link.

Solved: Append queries error: Name is already used - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors