Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Whodathunkit

An error occurred in the 'Transform File' query. Expression.Error: The column 'Units' of the...

Hello Community,

I've run into some issues when trying to change folder locations of my source data in a Power BI file that I'm essentially duplicating for another distribution center. As far as I can tell, the file structure is almost exactly the same, and what differences there are, are being accounted for in both the Helper Query and the Main Query, but when I connect to the new file, it says a specific column of the table wasn't found. I check the data, and the column is definitely there. Here are some screenshots. I've had to blur some of the contents, sorry.

Helper query: Clearly shows the 'Units' column is there.

Whodathunkit_0-1706115886281.png

Main query that uses the Helper Query to get all data from the sheets in that folder:

Whodathunkit_2-1706116812489.png

Advanced Editor to show all steps:

Whodathunkit_1-1706116079232.png

I'm really not sure what to do to resolve this. I've only seen a couple mentions of this when searching google and almost all of them state to either remove the "Renamed Columns" or "Changed Type" steps. I've tried both, but the error seems to be occuring before both of those, so I can't really see how that would help. 

I've read that changing it from reading column names to positions might help, but that seems a tad complicated for something that should be relatively simple.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Tyler

1 REPLY 1
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Whodathunkit 

The picture you offered that the table name is' Transform sample file', but in your step, your table name is 'Transform file' please make sure your table name is right.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors