Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Alicia83B
Helper I
Helper I

Add Column based on VLOOKUP and CONCATENTATION

I am looking to add a new column based on looking up an opportunity number and concatentating the products from another column. A comma would be used to separate each Product Code. 

Here is an example of what my data looks like.  What formula would I use to complete what I am looking to do? Also, I am open to another way of getting this done if VLOOPUP and CONCATENTATION wouldn't be the best way to get what I am looking for. 

Opportunity #      Product Code

195314                 727

195313                 728

195314                 721

195313                 720

195314                 840

195313                 730

201331                 8240

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JamesRobson
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi Alicia,

Think this might give you the desired result (just check the column names first):

= Table.Group(#"Renamed Columns", {"Opportunity"}, {{"Count", each Table.RowCount(_), type number},{"ProductCode", each Text.Combine([ProductCode],","), type text}})

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesRobson
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi Alicia,

Think this might give you the desired result (just check the column names first):

= Table.Group(#"Renamed Columns", {"Opportunity"}, {{"Count", each Table.RowCount(_), type number},{"ProductCode", each Text.Combine([ProductCode],","), type text}})

Einomi
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Please try the following M code

let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Tableau1"]}[Content],
    #"Type modifié" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Opportunity #", Int64.Type}, {"Product Code", type text}}),
    Sort = Table.Group(#"Type modifié", {"Opportunity #"}, { {"New", each Text.Combine([Product Code],", "), type number}})
in
    Sort

Please not your column Product Code needs to be formatted as text before applyting this code

KT_Bsmart2gethe
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

HI @Alicia83B ,

I am not sure if I am100% understand your desired outcome. Would you mind providing a view of your desired outcome?

Regards

KT

Hi @KT_Bsmart2gethe 

Below is my desired outcome. Instead of having an Opportunity # listed multiple times due to multiple Product Codes, I would be able to show the Opportunity # with all the Product Codes in one cell in the next column. 

Opportunity #    Product Code

195314                727, 721, 840

Hi @Alicia83B ,

Use GroupBy function:

Step1

KT_Bsmart2gethe_2-1658753367001.png

Step2

KT_Bsmart2gethe_1-1658753240471.png

Regards

KT

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors