Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kstiegler
Advocate I
Advocate I

New field created in D365 not showing in Power BI Desktop via Power Query (Dataverse connector)

This has happened on multiple fields on different entities now, where I create a new field and the Power BI Dataverse connector doesn't pull it in during Power Query.

I create a new field on an entity (D365 Settings - Customizations - Customize the System - navigate to the User entity - open Fields view - go through new field creation dialog - save changes - publish changes) but when I open Power Query Power BI Desktop, the new field doesn't show up when I use the Dataverse connector. If I use the older OData feed connector, I can find the field, but I would prefer using the Dataverse connector since it is SO much faster and easier to use. 

Below is a screenshot of the created field on the User entity - is there some additional change or toggle or refresh required for the Dataverse connector to see this new field?

kstiegler_0-1623094075041.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.