Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

NikkiBags
Frequent Visitor

Smartsheet Dashboard

Hi all!  I am trying to embed a powerbi report in smartsheets that will live on a dashboard for executives. I cannot publish the report publicly and the executives don't have power bi. I have tried multiples time set this up with Azure but I am having no luck. I just want to be able to embed report for non users to view. Any help will is greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @NikkiBags,

Can you share a bit more details about your app setup. Did you for example use any of the examples and if so which language are you using? (.NET Core, .NET Framework, React-TS or something else?)

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerBI-Developer-Samples

NikkiBags
Frequent Visitor

Sorry hit enter too fast, everthing is permissioned for PowerBi in Azure.  I just want to be able to embed powerbi report in Smartsheet for non power bi users to share without login.  I cannot publish publicly which would solve this whole mess

NikkiBags
Frequent Visitor

so far I have set up in Azure and was able to get a token.  When I try to run my html to Chrome I get a blank screen with Uncaught ReferenceError: models is not defined
at window.onload (embedded_powerbi_report.html:19:28)

Expiscornovus
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @NikkiBags,

Sounds like the Embed for your organization scenario might be a fit for your situation:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedded-analytics-power-bi#embed-for-...

What have you tried setting up earlier? Can you share a bit more details about what you have tried before?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.