Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

YairCzitrom
Helper I
Helper I

Changing the value of parameter in PBI service

Hi Guys.

I have a report which have a parameter with date being used in the URL of the source in power query.

After uploading to the PBI service the only way i can see to change that vakue is via the Settings page of the Semantic model.

This is not really interactive mode that i can offer my users.

Any other why to do it from the report it self as they use it?

Tnx in advance

6 REPLIES 6
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

I don't think you can set Power Query parameters in the web app specifically, but you can still filter Power BI reports with URL parameters which might work depending on what you're trying to do. Here's the documentation link: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It is an api call for a json file.

I don't see any option for direct query

Correct. You need to regroup. What are you trying to achieve?

I have a date as parameter on the url of the source to the API call.

Would like to give the users the simplest way to change that parameter avoiding the backend way of changing the parameter and then back again to the report

Power BI is not the right tool for what you are trying to achieve.  You need your own native app for that (you could embed Power BI into it but that would not add much value).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.