Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

subs
Frequent Visitor

Guest user login in Power BI Mobile App

I have added a Guest User in Microsoft Azure. They have a gmail account and are able to view the report in the browser using their own personal gmail address. But they can't log in using the same credentials in Power BI Mobile App. It seems the mobile app only accepts Microsoft accounts. Is there a workaround for this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Resolutions
Regular Visitor

Hello @subs

Power BI mobile apps primarily support sign-in with Microsoft accounts, Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) accounts, and some other organizational accounts, but not personal Gmail accounts. However, there might be workarounds you can consider:

1. Invite the Guest User to Create a Microsoft Account: You can ask the Guest User to create a Microsoft account using their Gmail address. This Microsoft account can then be used to sign in to the Power BI mobile app.
2. Share Reports via Email or Publish to Web: If the Guest User only needs to view the reports occasionally, you can share reports via email or publish them to the web. This allows the Guest User to access the reports without signing in to Power BI.
3. Use Power BI Service in Mobile Browser: The Guest User can access Power BI reports through a mobile web browser using their Gmail account. Although the experience might not be as seamless as using the Power BI mobile app, it provides access to the reports without requiring a Microsoft account.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. Also, how are you doing today? Remember, every challenge is an opportunity for growth.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @subs ,

The Power BI Mobile app only supports organizational accounts and requires that your guest user will have Power BI home tenant before they are able to view content shared with them from other organization.

Thanks, Maya

Resolutions
Regular Visitor

Hello @subs

Power BI mobile apps primarily support sign-in with Microsoft accounts, Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) accounts, and some other organizational accounts, but not personal Gmail accounts. However, there might be workarounds you can consider:

1. Invite the Guest User to Create a Microsoft Account: You can ask the Guest User to create a Microsoft account using their Gmail address. This Microsoft account can then be used to sign in to the Power BI mobile app.
2. Share Reports via Email or Publish to Web: If the Guest User only needs to view the reports occasionally, you can share reports via email or publish them to the web. This allows the Guest User to access the reports without signing in to Power BI.
3. Use Power BI Service in Mobile Browser: The Guest User can access Power BI reports through a mobile web browser using their Gmail account. Although the experience might not be as seamless as using the Power BI mobile app, it provides access to the reports without requiring a Microsoft account.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. Also, how are you doing today? Remember, every challenge is an opportunity for growth.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors