Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rocky_puff
Frequent Visitor

Clickable link from PowerBI Dashboard that opens a dashboard at PowerBI Mobile App

Hi All,

I need help on how to use this; Create a link that opens only on a device that has the Power BI mobile app installed

. My objective is to create a report navigation page that open a report at different app service. Currently, the hyperlink at the report will open a new tab(either Google Chrome/Safari/etc) even when opened using PoBi mobile app. I want when the user click the hyperlink, the report will open inside the PoBi app instead of opening at new internet tab. I read the documentation at Microsoft Learn. I tried follow, but the link does not work. 

This is the documentation : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/mobile/mobile-apps-deep-link-specific-location 

rocky_puff_1-1709792537972.png

This is example of my link : 

mspbi://app/OpenReport?ReportObjectId=c8b52627-75b3-4842-9998-71e7783702a0&GroupObjectId=56bb997e-1e18-487e-aa50-2bf337b8347c&reportPage= ReportSection037fb4f48099e819ad36

Previously, I put the link inside the dashboard but it become non-clickable. I even tried to put as action on a button but still does not work. I tried <a href =""> as an option, but to no avail. 

rocky_puff_0-1709792095095.png

Need guidance on this. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @rocky_puff ,

You should be able to use standard universal link in your scenrio.

When a Power BI Mobile user will open the navigation report you created (from their Power BI Mobile app) and tap on that link, the app should open the report and won't direct the user to the browser. 

Thanks, Maya 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @rocky_puff ,

You should be able to use standard universal link in your scenrio.

When a Power BI Mobile user will open the navigation report you created (from their Power BI Mobile app) and tap on that link, the app should open the report and won't direct the user to the browser. 

Thanks, Maya 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors