Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kmeand
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Connect to Dynamics 365 since 365 update

Since the very day the Dynamics 365 update was applied, we have no longer been able to see our oData feed.

The only way we can connect is to use the content pack, then re-point it, but connecting directly to the oData using the open data/online/dynamics365 wizard only returns entity names like "account" whereas all the confirguration work was previously done on "accountset" which no longer seems to exist.

I have raised a ticket with Microsoft who have given me no response in 10 days.

Is anyone aware of how to point an existing PowerBI file to the new Dynamics 365 oData feed so that

1) it works

2) it recognises all the work done to date in Power BI

I feel that a Dynamics 365 update that adds no features and breaks all the connections to the related Microsoft apps is something they should have told me about.

has anyone else had problems connecting old Power BI data to the new oData feed?

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kmeand,

Which Dynamics product do you want to get data? If you mean get data from Dynamics CRM, as content pack uses OData feed. You can also try the OData URL by choose Get Data-> OData Feed data source. The URL syntax can be found here: Query Microsoft Dynamics CRM data using the OData endpoint.

q5.PNG

Also please remember using the latest desktop version to get data.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-qiuyu-msft

I used to see that - the 365 URL is different now (or at least Microsoft are telling me it is different now - https://yourcompany.api.crm4.dynamics.com/api/data/v8.2/)

I can see the feed on this new URL now - but it does not have "accountset" anymore it only has "account", which means that every single piece of development work in Power BI appears to be redundant as our existing .pbix files can no longer see the "accountset" entity, unless you know of a way to change it.

This change appears to have been made on every single entity and apears to be something they have changed in the 365 upgrade, which makes all previous .pbix files fail.

If you know of a way to point my old data at the new feed, and allow the entity name change to be repointed in the process, so we don;t have to rebuild all our Power BI work, it would save about three months worth of effort.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors