Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Kristofferaabo
Helper IV
Helper IV

Local Excel file to auto refresh to PowerBI

Hi,

I have a very simple excel file which is linked to a powerBi report showing daily workloads. This excel file is updated every night.

My questions are:

Can I get powerBI to automatically refresh this excel file that is placed locally?

If so does, this need a pro version?

Thanks in advance

Kristoffer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can file the complete documentation on how the refresh works and available options at HERE.

Alternatively, I prefer to use third party product "Power Update" which is free for a single file and more information can be found at HERE.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can file the complete documentation on how the refresh works and available options at HERE.

Alternatively, I prefer to use third party product "Power Update" which is free for a single file and more information can be found at HERE.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
jameslo30
Advocate III
Advocate III

@Kristofferaabo

For any on-premise refreshing, you'll need the Pro version:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors