Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

franciscomateo
Regular Visitor

Issues with dashboarding sharing

Hello to everyone,

I would need some help, because we are having problems sahring our dashboards with internal and external colleagues.

Only if I share my dashboard with an administrator of the dashboard itself it is possible to see it properly.

If I shared my dashboards with other colleagues, they received the link properly but then they only see boxes with crosses inside them.

Have this issue happened to anyone else ? 

Thank you very much

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@franciscomateo,

When you configure RLS in the dataset, you would need add the users to the role member in Power BI Service, otherwise the users you shared dashboard to will get the error message.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@franciscomateo,

You can use one of the following options to work around this issue.

1. Get Power BI RLS to work with external users by using map user name feature. There is a blog for your reference.
2. Create separate report with the external users data already filtered out, then share the separate dashboard to external users.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors