Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Shanthan8
Helper I
Helper I

Getting reaching capacity limits Error

Hi Community

I have a Fabric F2 capacity and PPU license, i am using fabric link to get d365 fno tables data into fabric lakehosue.
From fabric lakehouse using Dataflow gen2 i am moving some selected tables sround 60 into warehouse and using pipelines i am creating aggregate tables and load those tables into  the same warehouse and by using this warehouse reporting team has built some reports using trail capacity but now when we have changed to F2 capacity i am getting this error:Unable to open this report because your organization's compute capacity has exceeded its limits.

Shanthan8_1-1715100822904.png

What are the reasons for this error and how can we solve this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shanthan8 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

The error message you’re seeing is due to your Fabric instance reaching its capacity limits. This can happen when the computational resources required by your operations exceed the available resources in your current SKU.
Here are some details and suggestions:

SKU (Stock Keeping Unit):
In Microsoft Fabric, a SKU represents a specific resource tier with varying levels of memory and computing power. Each SKU is associated with a certain amount of Capacity Units (CUs), which measure the compute power available for that SKU.
Capacity Units (CU):
CU is a unit of measurement for compute power within a SKU. It quantifies the resources available for a given SKU.

Several factors can contribute to reaching capacity limits:

• Data volume: Loading large datasets or complex reports can consume memory and processing power.
  • Concurrent users: If many users access reports simultaneously, it can strain the capacity.
  • Complex calculations: Resource-intensive calculations may impact capacity.
  • Data refresh frequency: Frequent data refreshes can consume resources.
  • Queries and visuals: Complex queries or visuals may require more memory.

Frequent data refreshes can indeed impact capacity. Each refresh consumes resources (memory and processing). Consider optimizing refresh schedules or using incremental refresh where possible. When your capacity reaches 100% CU utilization, it means that you have fully utilized the available computing power. 

You can do the following:

Restart the Power BI Service: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches. Try restarting the Power BI service and see if that allows you to load the model.

Increase SKU Capacity (if applicable): If you’re on a Power BI Premium plan, consider increasing the SKU capacity. This allocates more resources to your workspace, allowing for handling larger models.

Optimize Data Refresh: Frequent data refreshes can consume resources. Each refresh consumes memory and processing power. Consider optimizing refresh schedules or using incremental refresh where possible.

Check for Throttling Issues: Throttling occurs when your capacity consumes more resources than it has purchased. If there’s a temporary throttling issue, you can check online forums or communities for similar reports around the same time.

Monitor Capacity Metrics: There might be a temporary throttling issue on the service. You can check online forums or communities for similar reports around the same time. You can use Capacity Metrics App to understand what is happening.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/data-warehouse/compute-capacity-smoothing-throttling

For more details you can refer the below documentations: 

Configure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Smoothing and throttling in Fabric Data Warehousing - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

vcboorlamsft_1-1715147740653.png

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Thank you.

Hi @Shanthan8 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks.

Hi @Shanthan8 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
If you have any question relating to the current thread, please do let us know and we will try out best to help you.
In case if you have any other question on a different issue, we request you to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors