Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kiran08
Regular Visitor

Fabric Capacity

Hi,

I am using microsoft fabric and subscribed to azure fabric capacity f4 which provides 4 compute units

I want to understand what is 1 compute unit equivalent in terms of number of nodes, cores and memory available to each of these nodes.

I understand this might be very basic question here, however i couldn't find any clear information regarding this.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kiran08 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Capacity licenses, are split into Stock Keeping Units (SKUs). Each SKU provides a set of Fabric resources for your organization. Your organization can have as many capacity licenses as needed.

A capacity is a dedicated set of resources reserved for exclusive use. Each capacity offers a selection of SKUs, and each SKU provides different resource tiers for memory and computing power. The capacity and SKUs table lists the Microsoft Fabric SKUs. Capacity Units (CU) are used to measure the compute power available for each SKU.

For more details please refer : Link1 , Link2 , Link3.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to know for fabric capacity SKU - F4, how many nodes and cores per node are available. Iam having issue running a job where it is using only one executor with 4 cores.

I have 8 partitions in data and expecting to see another executor also in action. Hence first i wanted to check how many nodes would be available in F4. thanks

Hi @kiran08 

Instead of focusing on specific nodes and cores, Microsoft uses "Capacity Units (CUs)" as the primary metric for Fabric SKUs. An F4 SKU provides 4 CUs, which represent a certain amount of compute power and memory available for your workloads. The exact number of nodes and cores per node for a Fabric capacity SKU - F4 in Microsoft Fabric is not publicly available information.

You can use Microsoft Fabric Capacity Metrics app to track the capacity usage.

The Microsoft Fabric Capacity Metrics app is designed to provide monitoring capabilities for Microsoft Fabric capacities. Monitoring your capacities is essential for making informed decisions on how to best use your capacity resources. 

For more details please refer : Link

I hope this helps. Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Hi @kiran08 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I have used microsoft fabric capacity metric app to understand utilization of fabric resource for running my job. I have found that it is using only 50% of the resources which was in line with my understanding

8 tasks runninf on 1 executor as 8 partitions being used while reading data8 tasks runninf on 1 executor as 8 partitions being used while reading dataUsage Fabric capacityUsage Fabric capacityTasks getting queued as only one executor being usedTasks getting queued as only one executor being used

I want to understand how i can use full capacity of fabric. I can also provide piece of code and details on source eventhub and spark configuration. Will this be a right forum to post new query ?

Thanks.

Hi @kiran08 

Apologies for the delay in response from my side.

I would suggest you to create a support ticket. This is the most direct way to get official assistance and specific insights into your situation. The support team can access detailed logs and metrics to pinpoint the issue and suggest solutions.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support
Please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors