Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Borowik
Frequent Visitor

visual interaction across report pages

Hi , I have created custom date range picker . Filtering across report pages works fine . I have a problem to keep state of pressesd button across report pages. In my custom visual I have few custom buttons in a row and at the end two input fields for custom date (start and end date range). The button pressed on any page should be the same while moving between pages mean visually should be pressed ( different background) . Thanks for any advice . Bart.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Borowik,

Filters are the only visual types that can persist their state across pages, and this is filtering information only. For anything such state that doesn't relate to the filtering criteria directly, you don't have a standard way of sharing this information. This is because all visuals are functionally separate from each other and should not be able to communicate with their other instances for security reasons; the two current exceptions are filter criteria if you're supporting slicer sync and using the local storage API.

Bear in mind the limitations with the local storage API, if you're considering it: the main ones being that you must request that your visual be whitelisted by the custom visuals team and that your visual is certified in AppSource.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Borowik,

Filters are the only visual types that can persist their state across pages, and this is filtering information only. For anything such state that doesn't relate to the filtering criteria directly, you don't have a standard way of sharing this information. This is because all visuals are functionally separate from each other and should not be able to communicate with their other instances for security reasons; the two current exceptions are filter criteria if you're supporting slicer sync and using the local storage API.

Bear in mind the limitations with the local storage API, if you're considering it: the main ones being that you must request that your visual be whitelisted by the custom visuals team and that your visual is certified in AppSource.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.