Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Mihai
Regular Visitor

SSAS Multidimensional OLAP Live connection Power BI Embedded Chinese Translation

Hello,

I have a SSAS MD OLAP with Chinese translations for the names of attributes, dimensions, measures and also translations for some attribute values (e.g. name of months, "True" or "False" values of flags). All translations work fine with Excel as front end if I specify the parameter "LocaleIdentifier=2052" in the connection string.

I connected the SSAS MD OLAP to PowerBI in Live Connection with PowerBI Desktop but, unlike Excel, there is no way to set the language ID to chinese in the connection string, so I set the default language to chinese in SSAS OLAP through the properties panel of every object (measure groups, dimensions etc); PowerBI Desktop is also installed in Chinese. After all of this I can see the Chinese translations in the PowerBI report through PowerBI Desktop (the names of the months are in chinese, also the metrics names). So I tried to publish the report and embed it in a portal, but here the translations disappear. The browser and the operating system are also set to chinese.

I tried to set the Power BI Service language to chinese and it worked, but that was just a test and it cannot be a definitive solution as I cannot work with Power BI Service in chinese.

Is there a way to have the translations in the final embedded report?

1 REPLY 1
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mihai ,

"Is there a way to have the translations in the final embedded report?"

As far as I know, there is no way to do this in the current version. You should directly set the language of the data model to Chinese.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.