Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leliksan123

Remove or concate rows Power BI

Hi all! I created power BI report using Matrix via API. And I can`t use power BI desktop.

I have three fields in rows (SortOrder/Region/Country). And now I have this : 1-Africa-Countries of this region- Total. 

But when I have region China I don`t need Total field and duplicate row, because China has only one country China, so now I have:

3-China-China-Total.  How can I hide or delete duplicate row and total?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@leliksan123 wrote:

Hi all! I created power BI report using Matrix via API. And I can`t use power BI desktop.

I have three fields in rows (SortOrder/Region/Country). And now I have this : 1-Africa-Countries of this region- Total. 

But when I have region China I don`t need Total field and duplicate row, because China has only one country China, so now I have:

3-China-China-Total.  How can I hide or delete duplicate row and total?

Thanks.

@leliksan123

What do you mean create report using Matrix via API? Do you create a dataset via REST API and create the report in Power BI Service? In this case, you can still create a report via PBI desktop(getdata->online service->power bi service and connect to that dataset). By creating a measure can probably help your deal with the duplicate row and total. 

By the way, could you post any so called duplicate row sample data?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.