Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

deanlyn_01

RLS for Multiple Reports

So I have multiple datasources in a few different Sharepoint sites.
I want to bring all these into one location and using the main table have them all connected in one place (Thinking of using one pbi dataset), if my understanding is correct i could then use RLS based on a condition in the main table and this would filter through to each other table in the dataset?
My main Question then is: if i then want to create different reports in Power bi service do I need to give access to each report or is there a way to give someone access to a role at the data level which will then follow through to the reports so i dont need to give rls access to every report?

1 REPLY 1
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

The RLS will filter according to the relationships you have between your tables. You can test the roles, so make sure to do that... 

If you need to grant the same access to all the reports, I would recommend using an Active Directory group and sharing it with the group (you can also apply the group to the RLS role), that way you can update members and it'll update everywhere it's used. You do need to share the reports to let them view it, or make an app and share the app with the group. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.