Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

powerbi_

PowerBI API - Inherit Report Filter Pane Visibility From PowerBI Report

Hi all,

Appears something has changed in the last few weeks and was just brought to my attention.

Historically, I would set my config to the below:

var config = {
                type: 'report',
                accessToken: accessToken,
                embedUrl: embedUrl,
                id: embedReportId,
                permissions: models.Permissions.All,

settings: {
                    filterPaneEnabled: true,
                    navContentPaneEnabled: true,
                },
                bookmark: {
                    state: "@Html.Raw(Model.BookmarkState)"
                }
            };

By doing this, the filter pane would only appear when the report was set to show the filter pane. Unfortuantely, now the filter pane is visible for all reports. I removed filterPaneEnabled from the config file hoping that would then inherit the permission from the PowerBI Report, but removing it appears to now show the filter pane too. If I set filterPaneEnabled: false, then the filter pane is no longer visible.

I've confirmed that the report developers are setting the eye icon in powerbi desktop to not show the filter pane. Additionally, I can see that the powerbi website is suppressing the filter panes as expected.

Unfortunately, I cannot suppress all filter panes because some reports require it. Hoping to find a solution that will inherit the filter pane visibility from the report so that I do not need to add the flag to the database as it'll be one more thing that would need set/updated.

Much appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.