Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hugo_Gallardo
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Embedded: Problem with loading time of the Visuals

We are using ASP.net core 3.0, Razor and Bootstrap 4.

Scenario:

1. We have extracted every single visual from a Power BI report. In this report we have a slider for selecting the interval of weeks  between 1 and 52 which alters every visual in the report, then the year or years selection filter. Also we have selectors for family of product and then other for product itself. Then we can select from another selector the clients that sells those products. Each selections refreshes in real time the whole dashboard.  We need to reproduce these actions on the embedded final product.

1. The client requires to embed every single visual In a web app. They don’t want to embed the full report because they want a very specific UI/UX, that’s why they don’t want to embed all.

1. We are using for development a PBI Pro license, but for release the client will ask for a PBI Embedded License which will have up to 400 users.

Problem:

We might have more than 30 visuals per web page.

Some of them takes up to 45 seconds to load and every Visual is loaded at the same time.

1. Is there a way to optimize the loading time of visual?
  2. Is there a way to be loading Visuals in cascade mode to be loading in order?
  3. Is there a way to load the Visuals as the user scrolls down instead of loading them all at the beginning?
  4. Do you have a best practices url or example for loading time of views?
  5. Will this time will be reduced when they acquire the PBI Embedded server? How can we forecast which license they will need for their users and with the amount of data and use case proposed?
  6. How can we set a loading modal to set it when the visuals are loading and then showing the view with every visual on it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hugo_Gallardo ,

1&4. Loading time mainly depends on elements relevant to the report and data itself, including visuals, the size of the data, and the complexity of the queries and measures. For more information, see the Power BI optimization guide.

2&3&6. As far as I know, it not be able to do this now.

5. There is no direct comparison out there that I am aware of,it largely depends on how much load your putting on the environment.EM, A, Premium can all be considered add on's that support sharing to "free" end users. Those end users will not be able to share their own reports with others without a Pro license.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hugo_Gallardo ,

1&4. Loading time mainly depends on elements relevant to the report and data itself, including visuals, the size of the data, and the complexity of the queries and measures. For more information, see the Power BI optimization guide.

2&3&6. As far as I know, it not be able to do this now.

5. There is no direct comparison out there that I am aware of,it largely depends on how much load your putting on the environment.EM, A, Premium can all be considered add on's that support sharing to "free" end users. Those end users will not be able to share their own reports with others without a Pro license.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.