Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bngo25
Frequent Visitor

Line-up Data Category

Table Visuals.JPG

Hello,

I have three table visuals and would like to display the same sub-category under each main category whether the value is present or not.  For example, under Race main cateogry, I do not have Unknown sub-cateogry for US Censor table visual, under Age Group, I do not have sub-category < 18.  I would like to display all categories those not available will have value of 0.  I would to do this to line-up the sub-categories.  Is this possible to accomplish in Power BI?  Thank you in advance for you help/suggestion.

2 REPLIES 2
bngo25
Frequent Visitor

hi Jianbo,

The data set behind each table is from different source, format and granular level (three different table in my data model).  I have to perform many transformations in the back-end to get the data in some what uniform format.  In addtion, the filtering value are also different for each table because of the nature of when/what data is avaialbe to us from different agency/institution.  Ideally, I want to build one table with all the categories and KPIs.  So I built the derived table below and join to my three tables (US Censor, Cancer Registry and Clinical Accrual) by CategorySorting value.  It seems to work I have to validate the numbers.  I will post for sure if my attempt is working.  Thank you so much for your response.

Derived Table.JPG

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bngo25 

What does your source data look like? Are the data in the three visuals from the same table?

Sorry for that the information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please share more details to help us clarify your scenario?

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.