Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davehchoi
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to embed the entire powerbi.com app as an iframe inside another asp.net website

I would like to host powerbi.com inside of my asp.net website page. Specifically I want to do this so that users can create, edit, etc their reports and dashboards starting from within my website url. I tried using iframe and embed elements but both give me the error "The content cannot be displayed in a frame". Is this simply not possible?

If this is not possible is it possible to embed a report or dataset and also enable the toolbar to show so that users can edit the report or dataset?

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @davehchoi,

We can't use the embedded link in the iframe directly. We need to call powerbi.js like below. Please try and check out the demo here.

var txtAccessToken = $('#txtAccessToken').val();
var txtEmbedUrl = $('#txtReportEmbed').val();
var txtEmbedReportId = $('#txtEmbedReportId').val();
var tokenType = $('input:radio[name=tokenType]:checked').val();
var models = window['powerbi-client'].models;
var permissions = models.Permissions.All;
var config= {
    type: 'report',
    tokenType: tokenType == '0' ? models.TokenType.Aad : models.TokenType.Embed,
    accessToken: txtAccessToken,
    embedUrl: txtEmbedUrl,
    id: txtEmbedReportId,
    permissions: permissions,
    settings: {
        filterPaneEnabled: true,
        navContentPaneEnabled: true
    }
};
var embedContainer = $('#embedContainer')[0];
var report = powerbi.embed(embedContainer, config);

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks but this seems to embed reports or dashboards. I'm looking to embed the entire app so that users can actually create or edit reports and dashboards.

Hi @davehchoi,

Usually, we can do it by adding it in an iframe. But I'm afraid that isn't available. Please refer to the snapshot below.

Is_it_possible_to_embed_the_entire_powerbi

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.