Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

chikaae
Frequent Visitor

How do I get my card visual to display dd/mm/yyyy and not mm/dd/yyyy ?

Hi,

I'm designing a report and want a visual at the top to always display the current date in the format dd/mm/yyyy.

I created a date table using DAX and added a calculated column, to this table, called Today = TODAY(). In the data view formatting section, I used the short date and also in the option settings, changed the regional locale to UK. It displays the correctly formatted date in the calculated column 06/01/2022 but when I create a card visual, using this 'Date'[Today], it shows the following:

chikaae_0-1641461583112.png

How do I format the card visual so it shows 6/1/2022 ?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chikaae
Frequent Visitor

Ok so I solved it myself. This is how:

chikaae_0-1641464264834.png

Change the formatting to a format that doesn't have an asterisk in front of it. If it does, then it will use the date and time settings of the operating system. So if your computer's operating system is set to the US format, then your default Power BI settings will be US. 

I simply change dthe formatting of the Today column to a format that doesn't have an asterisk in front of it and my visual now shows the following:

chikaae_1-1641464549550.png

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
chikaae
Frequent Visitor

Ok so I solved it myself. This is how:

chikaae_0-1641464264834.png

Change the formatting to a format that doesn't have an asterisk in front of it. If it does, then it will use the date and time settings of the operating system. So if your computer's operating system is set to the US format, then your default Power BI settings will be US. 

I simply change dthe formatting of the Today column to a format that doesn't have an asterisk in front of it and my visual now shows the following:

chikaae_1-1641464549550.png

Thanks

Hi @chikaae ,

It's glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. And thanks for sharing your solution here, it will be helpful for the others in the community if they face the same problem with you. Could you please mark your post as Answered? Thank you.

yingyinr_0-1641779758629.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.