Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

dosania
Helper II
Helper II

Export a a Table to PDF in PowerBI Desktop using PowerAutomate

Hi,

I have a table in my PowerBI Dashboard that I would like users to be able to apply several filters to and be able to generate this as a PDF report that they can email. Even when applying the filters, the table will generate over 100 rows, and I can not PDF this when I upload this to the Service. I would like to use PowerAutomate

The table in the dashboard uses a combination of DAX and Direct Query when I inspect the query using Performance Analyser.

Is there any way I can use PowerAutomate to use the dataset I have in my PowerBI model to produce the report from within the Dashboard, and press a button in the Dashboard to generate the PDF report that they can email?

Many thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
dosania
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

I have a table in my PowerBI Dashboard that I would like users to be able to apply several filters to and be able to generate this as a PDF report that they can email. Even when applying the filters, the table will generate over 100 rows, and I can not PDF this when I upload this to the Service. I would like to use PowerAutomate

The table in the dashboard uses a combination of DAX and Direct Query when I inspect the query using Performance Analyser.

Is there any way I can use PowerAutomate to use the dataset I have in my PowerBI model to produce the report from within the Dashboard, and press a button in the Dashboard to generate the PDF report that they can email?

Many thanks 

@dosania , refer if this video from Curbal can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqlYl3pVL1g

Thanks for pointing me towards this @amitchandak.

I've followed the insructions, but when  I go to run the workflow, I get the following error;

The input body for trigger 'manual' of type 'Request' did not match its schema definition. Error details: 'Required properties are missing from object: entity.'

dosania_0-1658174787737.png

Have you come across this before?

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dosania 

As far as I know, Power Automate support us to export a report from Power BI Service to PDF and email to users.

RicoZhou_0-1657786034101.png

For refernece: Export and email a Power BI report with Power Automate

Prerequisites

To follow along, make sure you have:

• At least one workspace in your Power BI tenant backed by a reserved capacity. This capacity can be any of the A1/EM1 - A6/P3 SKUs. Read more about reserved capacities in Power BI Premium.
  • Access to the standard connectors in Power Automate, which come with any Office 365 subscription.

Then you can select the Workspace> Report> Export Format(PDF)

RicoZhou_1-1657786119487.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-rzhou-msft. As users will be emailing this table from the dashboard they are using using, will it preserve any filter selections they have made? I want them to only export the data they have filtered on.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.