Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedded paginated report & API issues

I am embedding Powerbi reports in my applications. All reports work but the paginated reports are pain points currently.

The APIs never return the daataset for paginated reports. If you generate a token then you get dataset error. If you include dataset, it will not allow role bases security in embed I get error "Creating embed token for paginated report does not support providing roles, custom data, identity blob or related datasets.", then why you allow use of powerbi datasets with SSO, give some warning?

After adding dataset, i can received a token, now when i use it i get error on rdlembedded report iframe as the "DmtsDataSource:Discovermonikers did not return an access token for Datasource:"

Th other issue general issue, the API still returns the old workspace name linked with the dataset afte 10 days of its workspace rename.

4 REPLIES 4
Eugene_Ov
Helper I
Helper I

@v-shex-msft  I also have the same issue when trying to embed paginated reports. We had to replace DirectQuery with Import mode for Power BI datasets, but still no results. I've never seen such a buggy solution from Msft in my entire life!

Eugene

HI @Eugene_Ov,

Here is a document that includes the detailed consideration and limits for using generated token API, please check this if it helps for your scenario:

Considerations when generating an embed token 

BTW, you can also consider submitting ideas for improvement corresponding api usages if your scenario meets the limits.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you for reply. Apparently, I'm facing the limitation to use Power BI dataset as a datasource when embedding. This was the most obvious and logical way to give users the ability to build Power BI paginated reports and later build them into a website. Do you have any information when it's planned to be fixed? 

Eugene.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

#1, I'd like to suggest you take a look at the following document limitations list if they not currently supported with paginated reports:

What are paginated reports in Power BI Premium?#limitations-and-considerations 

#2, What type of workspace are you test? New experience workspace or classic workspace?
If you mean the classic workspace, I'd like to suggest you enter to office 365 admin portal to confirm if these changes on the power bi side have synced to raw group properties.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors