Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

danielmillion
Frequent Visitor

Embed visuals with interaction

Hi there,

I have tried to embed different visuals from the same page of a report in different divs containing the iframe, but the visuals wont interact.

Is there any way to make these visuals interact ? 

If not, is there another way to embed content in different divs, in a way the visuals will interact ?

Last question - could i achieve that with custom layout ? I know i could get 2 visuals and place them anywhere but placing the visuals in different divs will allow infinite responsiveness and features.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @danielmillion,

I don't think you can use normal embed contents or rest API to achieve cross iframe interaction.

For this scenario, you may need to write some custom functions with power bi javascript. (trace the iframe operations, filters and use custom functions with Javascript to pass variable between iframes)

Microsoft / PowerBI-JavaScript 

PowerBI-JavaScript - Filters 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @danielmillion,

I don't think you can use normal embed contents or rest API to achieve cross iframe interaction.

For this scenario, you may need to write some custom functions with power bi javascript. (trace the iframe operations, filters and use custom functions with Javascript to pass variable between iframes)

Microsoft / PowerBI-JavaScript 

PowerBI-JavaScript - Filters 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors