Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mistralou
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic binding dataset Paginated report visual

Hello guys,

I work with paginated report visual inside my PowerBI. The paginated report is connected to the PowerBI report dataset.

The thing is that I would need to connect dynamically the paginated report to a different dataset (with the same schema) depending on who has access to the workspace. I have heard about the dynamic binding solution, and I wondered if that would work in my scenario?

Regards,

Mistralou

2 REPLIES 2
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mistralou ,

There are some prerequisites need to be fitted.

• To access a paginated report to include in your Power BI report with a paginated report visual, you need access to a workspace in a Power BI Premium capacity.
  • To publish your Power BI report with a paginated report visual to the Power BI service, you need a Power BI Pro license, or Premium Per User (PPU) license, and write access to a workspace in a Power BI Premium capacity.

For example. Report B contains a paginated report visual and is saved in WorkspaceB. However, the dataset of paginated report is in WorkspaceA. So the user must have access to WorkspaceA. If the user is not the role of WorkspaceA, he will not be able to see the visual.

If you want the user see the data by admin defined, you can use rls in paginated report.

Use row-level security when embedding paginated reports with Power BI embedded analytics content - P...

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

You are referring the paginated report visual which is one of the visual type. That is required some fields from the Power BI dataset which your report is connected. As per my understanding this is not possible.

Thanks

Hari

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.